Tallahassee is the capital of the 3rd largest state in the nation, home to two state universities and the National High Magnetic Field Lab, with more than 400,000 residents living within an hour’s drive. Yet, it lacks something needed to connect us to a bigger world of possibilities: Convenient and reliable air service.
JetBlue could change that.
A JetBlue presence here would give Tallahassee a direct link to 90 destinations around the United States, the Caribbean and Latin America. That’s why civic leaders are working together to invite the airline to enjoy some Tallahassee hospitality – and benefit from serving the flying needs of a dynamic community.
City Commissioner and Airport Liaison Scott Maddox has been working to bring more flights and lower fares to Tallahassee International Airport since his tenure as mayor in 2005. Identifying JetBlue as a perfect fit for our market needs, Commissioner Maddox and Airport Director, Chris Curry, have met with JetBlue several times to provide updated data supporting our goal for a direct route to Ft. Lauderdale. Commissioner Maddox also is enlisting support from other elected leaders throughout the state, particularly those in South Florida, to get JetBlue to Tallahassee.
Why are JetBlue and Tallahassee such a perfect match?
- There’s no JetBlue service between New Orleans and Jacksonville, so Tallahassee is centrally located to serve customers across the Florida Big Bend and Panhandle.
- JetBlue’s low-cost fare structure would reduce overall ticket prices in the area, creating a greater incentive for travelers to choose the airline.
- Direct service to Fort Lauderdale will offer convenient access to this area’s top 3 destinations: South Florida, New York and Washington, D.C. It would also provide one-stop connections to such desirable U.S. destinations as New York, Washington, Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas – not to mention more exotic locales like Trinidad, Jamaica, Lima and San Juan.
- More than half of Tallahassee-area air travelers actually drive to other cities to meet their flying needs – JetBlue service would give them tremendous convenience right here at home.
- JetBlue’s outstanding customer service harmonizes with the expectations of business and leisure travelers throughout the region, and JetBlue’s aircraft are the perfect size for frequent intrastate service.